I am a member of the Penn Image Computing and Science Laboratory in the Department of Radiology. My general interests are image segmentation, in particular biomedical image segmentation. I am particularly interested in efficient pattern extraction and utilising them in various models for biomedical image segmentation. My current research include using the Multi atlas label fusion for segmentation of MS and brain tumour lesions and employing texture extraction techniques for the segmentation of brain tumour volumes.
E. Computer Science, Bangalore University (MS Ramiah Institute of Technology), Bangalore.
M.Sc, Department of Electrical Engineering, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa.
PhD, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McGill University, Montreal.
- Research Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering, IISc under the guidance of Prof. Y.V.Venkatesh between December 2001 and January 2003.
- Worked as a Project supervisor in Vision and Image Sciences lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, Technion, Haifa between September 2003 and September 2005. Guided two projects on DNA sequence analysis using time-frequency techniques.
- Worked as a Teaching Assistant for the course `Advanced Topics in Signal Processing (Sampling Theory)’ for a course taught by Prof. Y. C. Eldar in the Spring Semester of 2005.
- . Worked as a Research Associate in the Department of Bioinformatics, Indian Institute of Science between 2007 and June 2008 on prediction of reaction rates of metabolites in cancer cells.
- Worked as a Teaching Assistant for the Course `Computer Engineering.’ (ECSE 322) taught by Profs. Tal Arbel and Prof. Lowther in Fall 2008, Winter 2011, Fall 2012, Winter 2012, and Fall 2013Awards & Honors:
- 2008 & 2009 – SR Telecom Fellowship
- 2008-2011 – McGill Engineering Doctoral Award (MEDA)